I thought it would be fitting to dedicate today’s blog post to a mid-month systems check. These are all things you might consider doing, and also sharing, with your team.
- One-on-ones and coaching conversations – when was the last time you checked in with each team member?
- Team meetings – when was the last time you held a team meeting? What’s scheduled? What’s working with team meetings? What changes are needed?
- Financials - Are all expenses and invoices complete? If budget season is around the corner, what do you want to note, or pull together?
- Reporting - What is the status of reporting? What’s due? What’s over-due? What do you need to review?
- Projects - Where are projects in terms of completion? Resourcing? Impact? Results? Stakeholder engagement?
- Communication - What items need to be communicated?
- Peer relationships – when was the last time you spent time with your peers? What do you want to schedule?
- Relationships with your boss – when did you last spend time meeting, and updating, your boss? Are you in alignment around projects and priorities for the rest of the year? What do they need from you? What do you need from them? What does the team need?
- Administrative – What administrative systems are working? What’s not? What needs attention?
- Personal Productivity and time management – What do you need to DO? DEFER? DELEGATE? DUMP?
Enjoy this mid-month stock-taking!
Potentials Realized | Effective Virtual Conversations | Coaching Team Leaders
We provide team and leadership development support through coaching, consulting and training services
Author of Effective Virtual Conversations (2017)