In maximizing the use of breakouts, consider the following:
- Keep group size on the smaller size
- Assign roles – one person may be the note taker, one the facilitator of the conversation and one the time keeper. You may also want to get people to
- Rather than taking a lot of time to have the roles determined, consider something arbitrary like “the person with the longest hair is the note taker” of the “person with the latest birthdate in the year”.
- Provide clear instructions
- Send a “broadcast message to everyone, reminding them of the time frame and instructions
- Leave enough time for people to have the conversation
What can you do to boost engagement in your upcoming breakouts?