In making this shift it’s critical to make sure that:
· Feedback is regular, and specific;
· People understand when they are having a performance conversation rather than just a check-in;
· Feedback is provided two ways – to the leader and from the leader;
· All staff are equipped with skills and experience in enhanced communication (listening, questioning);
· Performance and coaching conversations are documented in different ways;
· Feedback is followed up on
What are the key issues for you as an organization in shifting your culture around feedback and performance? What’s working, and what’s not?
There are a wide variety of feedback models which exist – from the ever popular SBI model from Center for Creative Leadership, to the Sandwich Technique, to Fierce Conversations and Difficult Conversations. The recent book - Thanks for the Feedback - by Sheila Heen and Douglas Stone is another great read.
What are key issues for you as a team around performance and feedback?