I came across this quote a while ago and was thinking about it first in the lens of how we are leaders and team members need to trust - trust our abilities, our intuition, and plans, in today's world of complexity and change.
As I went to prepare this week's blog posts I realized that this would be a great quote for today, especially as it marks our 14th Business Anniversary. I think back to Day 1 of business here at Potentials Realized on April 7th 2004. A lot of ideas and thoughts of where this business would take me but not quite sure how it would all connect together. Today I can look back and see how so many projects and initiatives have built onto one another, as I've moved from sector to sector and client to client.
As I look back at the last 14 years of work and business I'm pleased to celebrate some of the accomplishments:
- Working directly with thousands of coaches and leaders in the areas of leadership development, coaching and mentoring skills;
- Supporting hundreds of entrepreneurs in growing their businesses;
- Support to hundreds of learning professionals and organizations in virtualizing their work and training;
- The publication of the world's first book on Group Coching back in 2009/2010 Effective Group Coaching, followed by From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching in 2013, then Effective Virtual Conversations in 2017
- Award winning mentor skills training in the financial services sector - 2008/9
- Award winning mentor coaching skills and mentoring training in the healthcare sector recognized with the 2017 Award of Excellence - Curriculum Design and 2016 Prism Award for Excellence in Coaching
As much as the context changes, our experiential, and practical approach to coaching, and training, remains relevant, and impactful in today's business context. Our shift to increasingly virtual work, and supporting others in making this shift so that conversations and teamwork are still impactful, engaging and real, will continue to be a main thrust in our focus going forward, as will be the focus on coaching and mentoring skills, leadership, teamwork and business development support. As we step into our 15th year of business I'm excited for the current projects on our plate as well as conversations still to be had with new clients.
I often say that I couldn't do what I do today without the experience in the earlier part of my career in the global humanitarian sector. Those years truly created the foundation of skills, and experience, for me to be able to establish and lead an organization like Potentials Realized today.
I wanted to take this time to thank you - whether you have been a client, or partner organization, or a reader along the way. Much of my work, and by extension, the work of Potentials Realized, is done in partnership, and our success is also thanks to you.
I hope that you will join me in raising a toast this weekend for what's been accomplished, but also what lies ahead - many more years of contributing to the conversations and results of coaches, leaders organizations, businesses and teams.
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats.
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations - Conference calls? Webinars? Virtual coaching work? Pick up a copy of my new book, Effective Virtual Conversations, at Amazon.