Tuesday April 3 – Follow-through – the other part of High Performance
Planning, and goal setting are important areas, but without a follow-through via application, accountability and iteration, the equation for high performance is half complete.
A few weeks ago, my Sunday video focused on accountability. Today’s posts focuses on the notion of follow-through. In today’s virtual teams, being able to set everyone up for success around follow through is critical. Does each team member:
- Have the resources they need to do their work?
- Have the authority to do what they need to get done?
- Have a clear vision of what’s required?
- Have identified what “success looks like” for the task or project?
- Have a feedback loop and mechanism to indicate how things are going.
What might get in the way of these tasks?
What’s going to help with follow-through?
What projects are similar that people can be learning from together?
Three books which I have enjoyed recently on this topic are:
The Productivity Project – Chris Bayley
Peak Performance: Elevate Your Game, Avoid Burnout, Thrive wit the New Science of Success by Brad Stulberg and Steve Magness
High Performance Habits – Brendan Buchard