With this end in mind, I’d like for you to consider the goals you have set out for yourself for 2018.
As we step into 2018, the first Teams365 series of the year is the Kickstart Your 2018 - 8 in 18. 8 days of reflective prompts to get you thinking about, and writing about what you want to create this year. Check out the other posts in this series here, and I hope you'll follow along by grabbing a pen and a journal (you can start at any time!):
Day 4 questions in the series get you to think about the most important priorities. Consider these questions today
- Looking at my list of goals (for the year, month, day), what is most important?
- What time have I scheduled to get these done?
- When will I be most effective on working on my priorities?
- What could get in the way of me attending to these priorities?
- What do I need to say YES to, in order to knock these priorities out of the park?
- What do I need to say NO to, in order to focus more on my top priorities?
- Who can support me in being successful with these priorities?
- What other resources do I need for my priorities?
- What do I need to delegate, or defer, to get the priorities attended to?
- What’s the hard end date to get these done? As we know, many tasks expand to the amount of time we give them. This is commonly known as Parkinson’s Rule.
A reminder of two resources available to support you throughout 2018:
First, join our Get [ ] Done (you fill in the blank) list and receive a monthly planning template you can use in your own planning. Join the list here and download your first planning item – currently this month’s template of a Quarterly Plan.
Friday I am hosting the Kickstart Your 2018 Virtual Business Planning Retreat. It will run on Friday January 5th from 10 – 4 pm ET on zoom. Kickstarting the year requires focus and action, and my business planning retreats are geared to get you into action. Each hour has a different theme and includes some group time at the start of the hour, followed by individual activities undertaken offline. Hourly themes include:
· Creating or refining your 2018 Vision
· Exploring your ecosystem of strengths, capabilities and values
· Developing your 2018 Roadmap
· Taking action on a key project
The program costs $97 US and includes the six hours of structured activities, group calls and a retreat workbook. Click here to learn more about the day and reserve your spot.
For ongoing support, consider working with me in a coaching group (I have groups for business owners, Team Leaders and Coaches) which are held anywhere from 3 – 12 months in length. Email me to learn more about them and/or set up a call with me to discuss. You can book a call here.
Groups for business owners start later this month, coaches on January 5th and 19th, and the Teams365 Leadership Lab later this month (January 26th)
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats.
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations - Conference calls? Webinars? Virtual coaching work? Pick up a copy of my new book, Effective Virtual Conversations, at Amazon.