As many of us get back to work this week, it's an opportunity to explore these areas for ourselves and with our team, in service to having the most productive time possible.
1. Is it time to revisit goals or clarify what the key goals are up to the end of the year? Is everyone clear about what these are?
2. What is resourcing like for team development? Is there some extra budget available to dedicate to some development opportunities for the team - whether it's an away day or some work around the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive team?
3. Now that many are back to work, what are you doing about regular team meetings? We know that teams which have effective "Team Practices" which support information sharing, and connection, usually have higher productivity and satisfaction. What is working well with your meetings? Is there an opportunity to reintroduce a short weekly or bi-weekly team meeting, focusing on information sharing and connection? What would the most effective meeting look like for you and your team?
4. What do you need to say no to? As you consider your goals and priorities, what needs to be put aside for now? Is this to be deferred? Delegated? Deleted?
5 What's the right balance for work and life for you right now? What routine is going to help you be most productive?
6. What's going to help you be at your best this fall- more sleep? More exercise? Better eating? Take note of what you want to commit to doing differently in your routine this fall. Who can support you in holding you accountable for getting to the gym, or getting out of the office earlier, or....?
Enjoy your day back to work!
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats.
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
You can grab a copy of my new book, Effective Virtual Conversations, at Amazon or our site.
This fall we are excited to be rolling out one day sessions of the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive team. This shorter team development program/training incorporates the Everything DiSC to help teams learn more about their styles, while building the foundation of a cohesive team. Contact us for more information on the one day format (virtual and in-person delivery options)