With a new season kicking into gear, it's a great time to take a pause to think about your programming for the next quarter, as well as consider some special project work.
Here are some questions you may want to think about as you step into summer:
1. The greatest opportunity facing me right now is....
2. The greatest opportunity facing the team right now is...
3. By the end of summer I/we will have accomplished....
4. The one habit I want to cultivate is...
5. The one task/thing I need to say no to it...
6. Consistent action around _______ (fill in the blank) will lead to ______ this summer.
7. Lessons learned i can apply going forward are.....
What projects are you going to take on board this summer? Some possible project ideas for team leaders could include:
- Holding more regular one-on-ones with team members
- Working on that special project that you have flagged, but haven't taken action on
- Reviewing roles with the team to see what is working, and what needs a tweak
- Considering what reporting mechanisms are going to support better goal setting - for example - a one page plan
- Creating a guide/playbook in your area of expertise (ie. on-boarding, project management, meeting management)
Enjoy the start to this new season!
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats.
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
Connect with us to be the first to know more about launch events around my newest book - Effective Virtual Conversations - coming out mid- to-late July.