- Support and dialogue around what changes might be required regarding their new role
- Mentoring by someone experienced who can share best practices and their experience in leading virtual teams
- Budget to travel out to meet with their team and bring them together on a regular basis. Out of sight does not mean out of mind, as just as we invest in co-located teams, investing in the development of virtual teams is also necessary
- Necessary tech support for the team in order to connect effectively, efficiently and real-time. This might involve using a combination of Web Ex or Zoom for virtual meetings, and portals such as Slack for keeping people connected and sharing documentation/materials on a real-time basis.
- Regular development opportunities and check ins with their peers and staff to share best practices and also to be able to enhance their skills
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats.
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365
Connect with us to be the first to know more about launch events around my newest book - Effective Virtual Conversations - coming out mid-July.