One of the areas which teams tend to struggle with across the board is in the area of conflict management. This can be due to a variety of factors including:
- Our perceived level of safety in being able to raise tricky issues in the team, without fear of consequence or reprisal
- How open the team leader is to addressing issues of conflict. Some leaders and teams have a tendency to sweep issues under the rug, and let them fester
- How open the team leader and members are to divergent views. How are you welcoming and leveraging alternative view points?
- The skill and confidence level in the team for working across differences and addressing conflict
- What common ground team members are able to find around issues where they are in conflict.
- How do we each approach conflict?
- What is the culture of our team around conflict? Is there space to rais difficult issues?
- What can we do to find the common ground across the team, even if it is only 2% that we agree upon?
- What consequences have we created when things do not go right
- What tools and frameworks do we have for working through conflict?
- What’s at stake for not addressing this issue?
- What is the common end result we are all aiming towards?
- Why is it important to address this issue?
- What is it going to take to address this issue?
- If we do not address this issue what is important?
With best wishes,