Lack of quality team time is often an issue for teams today, regardless of whether you are part of a virtual team, or an in-person team.
Whether we are having the conversation around a real table or a virtual table there can be real benefit to surface these questions to the team:
- What's our common vision?
- What are key priorities this quarter? How are they aligned? Where do they connect?
- What is going to help communicate most effectively? How frequently should we meet – face to face, as a team? How do we keep each other posted?
- How do our roles connect/overlap? How to they leverage our strengths?
- What would you say is the most important thing others know about your work?
- What is the overlap of your work with others?
- What support do you need? (How? When? What kind?)
- What are the roles and responsibilities and reporting structures of other matrix managers?
- What does success look like for our team?
- What are the issues we need to address (or surface)? - Note the risk and trust needed for really answering this question.
- How do we have each other's backs?
- What do we want to do to work most effectively across our differences.
Clear performance measures
Shared team practices (which build relationships and results - this could be a Thursday after work social once a month, or daily 2pm meetings)
How are you doing as a team in these areas?
Have a great start to your week,