Whether it is a rolling of eyes in the workplace, or water cooler gossip, these are symptoms of something generally much deeper and toxic within the team.
Toxicity is very important to address and has a huge cost. As Porath and Pearson (2009) found with employees who indicated they were impacted by toxic relationships,
- 48% decreased their work effort
- 47% decreased time at work
- 38% decreased work quality
- 68% said their performance declined
- 80% said they lost time worrying about it
- 63% lost time avoiding the person
- 78% said their commitment to the organization declined"
Jennifer Britton, MES, PCC, CPT
Potentials Realized - Leadership and Team Development, Coaching, Retreats
Author of Effective Group Coaching (Wiley, 2010) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (Jossey-Bass, 2013)
Email us to find out how we can support you and your team in getting your best results through coaching, training or a retreat program