As solopreneurs (one-person businesses), it can feel like we are always on our own. Relationships play a critical role in growing and maintaining a successful business or leadership role in the remote space. Whether we are building relationships with new clients or alumni, peers, joint venture partners or coaches we can co-coach with, relationship building and connection is critical for success.
This tip gets you to think about building relationships – who you interface with regularly, who you’d like to connect with, and who are your connectors. [Connectors are individuals who are connected with those you want to reach. They can be a valuable link to your target market and/or other partners].
A first step in building relationships is to consider what you have to offer to others.
What are the skills, strengths and talents you bring to the table? What do you have to offer others?
As a second step, consider who you want to connect with and who is in your network.
How can you support others in their work? How can you support others to achieve their mandate and vision?
An ongoing focus on building solid relationships with a variety of others is important across the entire lifecycle of a business.
- Map out 20 people in your network. Write out their names. Consider how you interface. What do you offer them? What do they offer you?
- What other people would be useful to have in your network? Consider financial, legal and administrative support. Collaborators.
- How often are you making a point of connecting with others in your networks? Growing your network? What could this look like this year?
- How do you support their work? How can others support you?
- What could collaboration look like?
- What key relationships are you able to lean into with your work?
- What do you have to offer others in terms of your skills, talents and strengths? How can you help others magnify what they do, and who they serve?
Enjoy your conversations,
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Coaching Skills Training | Leadership Development | Teamwork
Growing Team Leaders, One Conversation at a Time™ in the Remote Space
Contact us to discuss leadership, coaching or performance needs for your and your team