I have focused on the topic of trust through many of our blog posts, and weekend quotes, given how important the topic is for teams of all kinds. Take a look at past posts related to trust here.
Trust, and lack of trust, starts on day one of any team. As team leaders and team members are you:
* Taking time to get to know each other - who you are, what you offer, what you bring to the team?
* Clarifying what's expected of you?
* Creating shared agreements around how you will operate?
* Identifying the things that can erode trust?
* Name/point to actions and behaviors that minimize trust?
* Make sure that your actions are in alignment with your values. So, if you say you are valuing teamwork, yet reward and recognize individual performance, how does that help with trust?
What other behaviors are helping to build trust? Erode trust on your team?
Have a great weekend,
Potentials Realized - Leadership and Team Development, Coaching, Retreats
Author of Effective Group Coaching (Wiley, 2010) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (Jossey-Bass, 2013)
Email us to find out how we can support you and your team in getting your best results through coaching, training or a retreat program