- Setting core working hours where people are available to set meeting times, connect and work together
- Identifying on your signature lines or website what your hours are
What are the time windows you want to be available around? What are the ways you can communicate that to others? What does it mean in terms of collaboration with others -i.e. getting materials out, and/or getting materials or resources on to others?
Another boundary which most remote workers become aware of quickly are the boundaries around workspace. When we work from home it can be a challenge to focus in on working from home. What are the boundaries you want to incorporate there? It might include:
- A dedicated office space, possibly with a door that closes
- Scheduling your work so that it occurs when others aren’t around
- Dressing like you are going to the office
- Communicating to others that even though you may be “home” you are working and aren’t available to undertake their tasks
What are the other boundaries which are important to create?
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders | Remote Pathways Podcast
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Everything DiSC
Get your planning on with the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner or Coaching Business Builder
Looking to enhance your virtual conversations? Webinars? Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon.
Check out upcoming programs on our calendar!