Today's tip #1 is an encouragement to get to know your people. spending time getting to know each of your team member. some questions you may want to ask your team members - either in individual 1-1s and/or as a group:
1. What should I know about your work and role?
2. How do you like to be supported?
3. What type of communication do you prefer? (Phone/text/email)
4. What should I know about your learning style (visual/kinesthetic/auditory)?
5. Tell me about your work style? (if your team members have done a DiSC, MBTI or other, get them to talk about this)/4
6. What are your key priorities right now? What support do you need with these?
7. What works well with the team right now?
8. What hasn't worked so well in the past? (be aware of levels of trust and team history when asking this one?)
9. What expectations do you have of me? (And share your expectations of them with them)
10. What would you like this team to be known as?
Of course, there are many other questions which an get asked, and these are a good starting point. What questions would you recommend to other new team leaders?
Have a great start to the week,
Potentials Realized | Coaching Team Leaders
Team and Leadership Development | Coaching | Retreats
Follow us on Twitter @Teams365