- What are the values of your team?
- How do these align with the organization?
- As you consider recent decisions and priorities, what values did those demonstrate?
What is above the waterline is our practices as a team. This may be a Thursday evening post-work hangout, acknowledging others in a particular way, undertaking a debrief/post-mortem after any project, or some other actions which are done consistently, and specifically by you as a team. Our practices are an important part of how we operate and communicate as a team. They are often a visible part of team culture. Once again high performing teams are intentional with the practices they undertake as a team, and are aware with how these connect to their values. In some respects, practices are values in action.
- What are the current practices of the team?
- What is getting in the way?
Hand in hand with practices are habits. In fact you might ask what comes first, a practice which done repeatedly becomes a habit. It is these ongoing habits which really kick teams into high performance. Whether it is the habit of closing the door for half an hour or making sure a team huddle happens each Friday afternoon to review the week and prep for the next one, habits shape who we are.
- What are the habits your of your team?
- How are these supporting excellence and high performance?
- How do these connect to your values and what you prioritize?
- What habits are getting the way?
Potentials Realized - Leadership | Teamwork | Coaching Skills Training for Leaders
Supporting Team Leaders One Conversation at a Time(TM)
Join us for an upcoming Teams365 Team Leader Coaching Group
OR The next cohort of the Team365 Leader Foundations program which starts September 11